Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Class Blog

I have set up a blog for my class using classblogmeister. I have shared it with the parents and the students. As we had parent interviews this week I was able to get a bit of feedback from the parents regarding our blog. All the parents seemed pretty keen and think it's a good idea. I had worries that some of them would be concerned about it but none have come foward with issues. One parent worried about bullying online and since I have set up our blog with classblogmeister I was able to let her know that no comments or articles can be posted without my approval. A definite plus for using that particular blog site.

Today our class set up our "blog rules" and how we behave online. They all understand the importance of not sharing your personal details and passwords and are all rearing to get a chance at making their blog page. The next challenge will be fitting blogging into our already full curriculum. My ICT time is taken by another teacher as I have BT release, so I will hopefully be integrating blogging into my classroom time using the 3 computers in our class. Perhaps my next step is to set up a roster for computer use.

Enough reflective rambling from me. Will make a dash for the car in between down pours.

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about using Windows Live Writer to publish your class blog? We use it to publish ours at http://glenview9.wordpress.com

Looks like you're ready to get stuck in to class blogging! Good luck.